Wednesday, March 10, 2010

T + 16 Days

Below are a few nuggets of knowledge that I have gleaned from my weight loss journey:
  • Your weight effects you in many ways other than your appearance.
    • Self-esteem
    • Health risks
    • Depression
    • Physical Ability
  • To lose weight effectively, you have to permanently change four aspects of your life:
    • What you eat
    • How you eat
    • Your behavior 
    • Your activity level
  • Small goals are easier to reach than big ones.
  • Don't weigh yourself every day. That is just depressing and will be discouraging.
  • You must have a good support system. Your inner voice can be loud. It's good to have outer voices that can drown it out. 
  • Go public. Tell everyone you know that you are going on a diet. It will hold you more accountable. 
  • Meditate.
  • Don't compare yourself to other people. You are the warm, calm center of the Universe. No one else is you.
  • Keep a food journal, like I do on FatSecret.com. It keeps you focused and accountable to yourself.
I'm sure I'll come up with plenty more as I travel down this path, but so far, those are the big ones that I have noticed.

No comments:

Post a Comment