Saturday, March 13, 2010

T + 19 Days

It's humiliating when you break a deal with yourself in front of friends. I know I have been away from the blog a few days and have no good excuse. I have an excuse, it's just not good.

Thursday and Friday at work were busier than I have been in ages -- and with me, that is busy. Once I made it home, all I wanted to do was eat my meager meal and hit the sack...and that's what I did. Friday, I missed lunch altogether and actually forgot to go get my shots at Medi-Weightloss. By the time I remembered, the clinic was closed.

In other words, I neglected my health for my job. This is a familiar path for me and not one I want to travel down again. Fortunately, I have had a wonderfully restorative day today and had the meditative time to see that I was beginning to dabble in a little of that old familiar self sabotage. I took some time to refocus on my goal, give myself a pat on the back (I mean 8.8 pounds and 1" gone in 2 weeks deserves some self-respect) and count my blessings.

In order to figure out what those blessing were, I decided to list some of my favorite life things to help remind me why I want to be lose weight, be healthy, happy and whole:

  • Cardinals chirping at dawn
  • The green tint the world takes on when a storm is coming in summer
  • Night birds singing
  • Clean sheets
  • Open windows in springtime
  • The snooze button
  • The smell of sun-kissed skin
  • A tall, cold glass of water on a hot day
  • Popping bubble-wrap
  • Confections
  • Getting a bra that actually fits
  • Feeling as safe with my husband as I did with my parents
  • Finding old friends...and they still love you
  • Doggie Birthday parties (Dexter and Roo, One & Two, April 1st!)
Taking a deep breath and a starting fresh tomorrow. 

2 comments:

  1. Oh, my beautiful Miki. You are wonderful. I love you and your list. Damn awesome progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Your "bra that fits" comment is so right on.

    ReplyDelete