Thursday and Friday at work were busier than I have been in ages -- and with me, that is busy. Once I made it home, all I wanted to do was eat my meager meal and hit the sack...and that's what I did. Friday, I missed lunch altogether and actually forgot to go get my shots at Medi-Weightloss. By the time I remembered, the clinic was closed.
In other words, I neglected my health for my job. This is a familiar path for me and not one I want to travel down again. Fortunately, I have had a wonderfully restorative day today and had the meditative time to see that I was beginning to dabble in a little of that old familiar self sabotage. I took some time to refocus on my goal, give myself a pat on the back (I mean 8.8 pounds and 1" gone in 2 weeks deserves some self-respect) and count my blessings.
In order to figure out what those blessing were, I decided to list some of my favorite life things to help remind me why I want to be lose weight, be healthy, happy and whole:
- Cardinals chirping at dawn
- The green tint the world takes on when a storm is coming in summer
- Night birds singing
- Clean sheets
- Open windows in springtime
- The snooze button
- The smell of sun-kissed skin
- A tall, cold glass of water on a hot day
- Popping bubble-wrap
- Getting a bra that actually fits
- Feeling as safe with my husband as I did with my parents
- Finding old friends...and they still love you
- Doggie Birthday parties (Dexter and Roo, One & Two, April 1st!)
Taking a deep breath and a starting fresh tomorrow.