Thursday, February 25, 2010

T + 3 Days

I was in the midst of packing it in to head for the snuggly warmth of my bed with the hubby and min pins when I realized I hadn't really posted anything today. I figured it was ok, then I got that evil voice in my head that always drives me to do stuff saying, "you need to go ahead and say at least something". I am tying this blog into my weight loss discipline. If I give up on telling everyone how it's going, I am afraid I may just give up on my resolve to pass on that one wafer thin mint, if you know what I mean. Which leads to another, and another, and another, then, before you know it, I'll be standing in the bushes silently waiting to mug the next unsuspecting Girl Scout that comes along of her Tag-Alongs (oh, yum).

Well, then, here it is! This is a blog post reminiscent of Seinfeld...a post about nothing. 

The day went by fast today with little time to think about the diet or food; too much work to do. I packed my 5 ounces of turkey breast into my purse at lunch and hauled it into McDonald's while my compadres chowed down on double-cheeseburgers and fries. Believe it or not, I did fine with that. I think mostly because I have a lot to talk about and when there is little to eat I can occupy my mouth with words. I'm sure I'm the delight of everyone who knows me. 

I have to admit, by the time I got home from work at 6:30ish, I was getting hungry. My darling hubby had hunted and gathered shrimp and salmon for dinner, most certainly with his bare hands in the frozen oceans and streams, so while I did my after work wind down, he fancied up boiled shrimp and grilled salmon with Old Bay and blackening seasonings. I was allowed 10 medium shrimp and 3 ounces of salmon. It felt like a feast and I was so incredibly grateful for the harvest bestowed on me. So much so, that when the "Cookie Of The Day" email that I get from the cruel and heartless Martha Stewart touting a recipe for Dark Chocolate Espresso Cookies came in, I was almost, but not quite, able to keep from whimpering like a child.  

No comments:

Post a Comment