Saturday, February 27, 2010

T + 5 Days

Another day, another 500 calories. Since it’s Saturday, I thought I might struggle a bit more with the random food cravings since I wasn't focused 90 miles an hour on work, work, work all day, but I did fairly well. I didn’t get out of bed at the usual 6:00 am because, let’s be honest, I don’t have to. Sleeping later put my pill and food schedules behind and I think that may have caused a slight disturbance in the force as I had a major energy dip around 4:00 pm and am now experiencing an upset tum-tum. I think I will get up at my normal work-day wake-up time tomorrow and see if that brings me back.

I wanted to take a minute to tell you about my friend, Elise, who is also working on some self improvement, albeit a different way. She is in the midst of a Boot Camp Fitness Training, something like what you see on “The Biggest Loser”. Here is an excerpt from the team blog, written by Elise:

“Basically, it was a "suicide" run between cones with certain exercises required at each cone (lunges, burpees, jump squats, skates, bicycles, push-ups, etc.) Each turn, you had to go to a cone, complete the exercise and return to the finish line (kettlebell swings) and then advance to the next cone. The kicker was that on the way up and down the line, you had to return to all previous cones and complete those exercises again (and again and again).”  

I am finding enormous inspiration from reading their blog, basically because what they are going through is just so much more difficult than what I am doing, at least right now. I know that next week I add exercise into my program, but it’s mild…none of the commando military drills my girl is suffering through. I am humbled by what a strong and beautiful woman she is (I always have been, though; this just makes me admire her more).

If you are interested in finding out what hell is like, check out their blog at gtokos.blogspot.com

1 comment:

  1. Damn, girl. I'm humbled by your flattering comments. But, in no way do I deserve them. I'm not greeting this new lifestyle with open arms, as you are. I WANT MY CHEESE! All of this healthy stuff is "commando" for both of us. And knowing that you are going through the same hurdles (by following your blog) helps me to stay in line. Love you, girl. Maybe we'll be babelicious for the reunion?

    ReplyDelete