Monday, February 22, 2010

The Big Day

Today is the day.

10:00 am - I had a chocolate chip cookie for breakfast and washed it down with a diet coke. I have been thinking about lunch since I woke up. I am going to eat something big and fattening. It will be like the last meal before the executioner. My appointment is at 6:00 pm, so I am going to eat whatever I can between now and then. Carpe Diem!

1:03 pm - Had a pulled pork sandwich on garlic bread with fried corn on the cob and a diet coke for lunch. Washed it down with two Reese's Peanut Butter Cups - damn, those are good. I am saving my very last chocolate chip cookie for around 3:00 pm. I will indulge the critical munch hour today. No holds barred.

9:21 pm - Home, finally. I got a reprieve from starvation. Since I didn't get out of the initial consultation and doctors physical and dietitian review until 8:15 pm, there was just no way we could make it to the grocery store to get all the things needed in order for me to start this diet tonight or more honestly, in the morning. So, Panera Bread! I got a big ol' cup of French Onion Soup with extra croutons and a lovely Sierra Turkey Sandwich. Ahh. Satisfaction.

Anyway, I did go to the appointment, which was interesting. They weighed me in at 184 pounds, so see, I lost 3 pounds walking in the door! Since I recently had blood work, they are requesting it from my PCP but they did do an EKG and vitals, as well as measurements, which were mortifying. Once the vitals were done, they immediately gave me two shots: the MIC Injection and the B1 & B6 Injection. The MIC Injection is a combination of vitamins, minerals and amino acids designed to help lose weight, including B12. You get these shots 3 times per week. The goal overall, the doc tells me, is to keep me happy while I am losing weight. Apparently, these shots, coupled with vitamins, a prescription of Phendimetrazine, calcium and Omega 3 are supposed to keep me calm, give me a sense of well being and keep me happy all while encouraging weight loss. In fact, the doc says you can hardly help but to lose weight as long as you follow the directions.

So, off I go to plan the shopping trip for my food, or lack thereof, for the next week. 500 calories a day. Yeesh. I am looking forward to not looking like Michael Moore anymore when I put on a sweatshirt and baseball cap, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment